The Architectural Control Committee, or “ARC” for short, does not exist to make your life difficult. The goal is to keep the neighborhood looking nice which keeps home values up.


If you are going to paint your house, you need to submit an ARC Application.  Building a shed or adding a play structure? Please submit an ARC Application.  Going through the process and getting the official permissions will also help avoid any neighbor squabbles.

** IMPORTANT ** Please allow 2-3 weeks for approval unless there is an emergency.  The committee is made of your neighbors, who volunteer their time, so they may not be available to make a decision immediately.  Thank you for your consideration.


Return your application and any required documentation (paint color chips, for example) to our Association Manager by emailing this address, or mail to:

Bluestone & Hockley Real Estate Services
Re: Willow Creek Heights HOA
9320 SW Barbur Blvd. Suite #300
Portland, OR 97219

Below, for your convenience, are the details from the CC&Rs, related to the Architectural Control Committee.


1). Architectural Review

No structure, including storage shelters, shall be commenced, erected, placed or altered on any lot until construction plans and specifications and a plat showing the nature, shape, heights, materials, colors and proposed location of the structure or alteration have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Architectural Control Committee (Committee). It is the intention and purpose of this covenant to assure quality of workmanship and materials, harmony of external design with the existing structures as to

(Page 16)

location, topography and finished grade elevations, to avoid plan repetition and to protect views from adjacent lots. In all cases the Architectural Control Committees’ consent is required.

a). Major Construction

In the case of initial or substantial additional construction of a dwelling the lot owner shall prepare and submit to the Architectural Control Committee such plans and specifications for the proposed work as the Committee may require. Materials required by the Committee may include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:

(1). A plan indicating location of all improvements including private drainage.

(2). A drawing showing elevations, exterior materials and exterior color schemes of all improvements, including the mailbox/newspaper structure and fencing;

(3). A drawing showing yard landscape design and location including a description of plant materials in all front or sideyards facing a street.

b). Minor Construction

In the case of minor additions or remodeling, change of existing exterior color schemes or exterior materials, greenhouse, swimming pool construction, or any other work not referred to in a). above, the owner shall submit to the Committee such plans and specifications for the proposed work as the Committee determines to be necessary to enable it to evaluate the proposal.

c). Time for Rendering a Decision

The Architectural Control Committee shall render its decision with respect to the proposed work within 10 days after it has received all required materials.

2). Architectural Control Committee Decisions

The Committee may, at its sole discretion, withhold consent to any proposed work if the Committee finds that the proposed work would be inappropriate for the particular lot or incompatible with the design standards that Declarant intends for the P.U.D. Considerations such as site, shape, size, color, design, height, and impairment of the view from other lots within this P.U.D. or other factors which the Committee reasonably believes to be relevant, may be taken into account by the Committee in determining whether or not to consent to any proposed work.

See full CC&R document

back to top

2 Responses to “ARC (home change forms)”

Do you get the emails?
Help keep costs down. Send your email address to to be added to our email list.